Saturday, April 16, 2011

Last day with family...,

I head back to Juarez in the morning. My waiver appointment is on Monday, and I could be back in the States very soon.I wanted to take a minute and try to summarize my time with a quick post. Not to mention the fact that I will soon be leaving behind reliable internet.

As home sick as I am, I am really sad to be leaving my family. I can take comfort in the fact that after this process I will be able to visit them more regularly.I have had such a great time. These are people that I have not seen in over 20 years, but these past few weeks have made that fact insignificant.

They took me in, fed me, drove me everywhere, and they made this journey much easier. I was able to relax and not worry about my situation. It was such a contrast to what i felt while I was in Ciudad Juarez.
I think that is what is making me dread having to go back there.I think I have said over and over again that Mexico is such a different place than what I am used to. I am out of my comfort zone, but being reunited with my family has made my trip worthwhile.

My flight leaves very early in the morning which means that it is time for bed. Keep me in your prayers. Pray that my waiver will be accepted. Pray for a quick response. And pray for a safe trip home. Hopefully before the spring game.

No comments:

Post a Comment